Monday, December 21, 2009

The Post Weekend Grab-Bag: Thumbsucking, loose wigs, the southeast and a splash of Michael Jackson fashion...

Grown people (as in over 25 years old) who never gave up sucking their thumbs (you know who you are and I love you but you clearly were landing on this blog)


Michael Jackson Thriller black and red jackets in church...on Sunday (I'm sure God does not mind but welcome to the blog)

Belligerent Christmas shoppers with terrible attitudes, no patience, shrill voices and a ton of purchases. Clearly you need to put the bags down, go home and think about the meaning of Christmas. I would have added the store clerks with the same attributes minus the purchases but somehow I think their behavior is causally related to the mass of stank (for lack of a better word) shoppers.

Myself for feeling the spirit in church without securely fastening my wig prior to takeoff...

Washington D.C. and Maryland: I lived in both of these places for years and every single year that I was there, it snowed. And yet I have been gone for 4 years (during which time it snows every year) and the nations capital and the state with the wealthiest county in the country still appear to own 3 plows and 2 salt trucks which only have 10 bags of salt a piece (I'm exaggerating but not by much). *Blank Stare* I was so shocked my first year in D.C. when the entire District shut down over 2 inches of snow. I complained relentlessly until I got a car and tried to drive in 2 inches of snow out there. Upon taking the wheel in what I believed to be a very minor amount of snow, I almost killed myself and totaled my car BUT I finally got it. Everything shuts down because although 2 in. of snow is not ordinarily dangerous, if left to its own devices on the roads without salt, it can be lethal.

*Blank Stare* to all of the above! Thank you to all of the above people and places for supplying me with material for this Monday morning that is far better than a cup of coffee.

1 comment:

  1. I still love you Kellie... It does take your blog for you to bring me back to reality:) LOL LOL LOL...

    ReplyDelete