Thursday, December 17, 2009

No, I am not a Republican, however...

I love President Obama as much as the next "I never thought this would happen in my lifetime" person. However, today I heard a clip of the Oprah White House Christmas special in which the President graded himself as a B+ for his first year in office. The Pres is getting the first *Blank Stare* of this post for even taking the bait of answering a question regarding his job performance with such a specific answer. I appreciate that the current President likes to error on the side of honesty but I am counting this one as an error nonetheless. This type of question is what the vague political answer was created to address. In the future I recommend he say something like "I will let the American people grade me" or "it would be wrong to give myself a grade when our system of government is based on the interdependence and connectedness of so many different branches." LOL, I missed my calling, I should have been a speech-writer (oh wait, I did become a lawyer so really what is the difference???).

I genuinely believe that President Obama goes to bed each night believing in his heart that he has done everything a human being could do to snatch our country back from the brink of disaster. However, therein lies the rub, there IS only so much a HUMAN being could do in this situation and while I give the Pres an "A" for effort, no one in his position could get a B+ for action or results. He is the equivalent of a trash collector at a never ending circus that begun before he was even born. He can collect as much garbage as he can hold but more garbage is piling up, the patrons wont stop complaining and the other employees (*cough* the Democrats and the Republicans *cough*) find bickering with each other much more fascinating than garbage collecting. I am sorry President Obama and I do love you for your "audacity" but you inherited your job difficulties and the *Blank Stare* that comes with them if you really think you could reach a B+ in less than one year (or even 3 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment