Monday, January 4, 2010

SAVE THE HUMANS! We can come back for your pet later....

I know this will be a delicate subject as some of you are extreme animal lovers so let me just start by saying this. I have had two pets in my lifetime and I loved each dearly. In fact, we had a cat in my house which we adopted from wondering the streets as an alley cat in spite of the fact that almost everyone in the house was allergic to cats. We sneezed, itched, coughed our way through it just to give the kitty a good home where he was spoiled rotten. So, I am not anti-animal (especially the kind that make good pets) and I hope this preamble does not come off like those people who say "I am not racist, I have two (insert race of people which you know they don't like) friends."

Moving on. I do, however, have a problem with giving money to "animal rights" organization which do not deal with animals in danger of extinction (which I believe to be a separate topic entirely). I simply cannot grasp how human beings (who are not wealthy with money to blow, a lot of it) can donate money to ensure the "rights" of common house pets when there are real life human beings experiencing all out genocide on the planet on which we live. *Blank Stare* Ever heard of Darfur? How about the Sierra Leone or Rwanda, Cambodia, Bosnia...the list goes on. And if you are geographically challenged or an extreme nativist, what about the millions of people right here in the United States who are homeless, hungry, uninsured, unemployed, undone. I just need to know how we can save the animals but we can't seem to do anything about the humans?

Perhaps you are one of those people who feel like animals are innocent and have done nothing to warrant their suffering while many humans dig their own pits and scream for a shovel. Ok, I will give you that one and raise you the millions of children that are among the human beings dying everyday. These kids have not even been on the earth long enough to dig anything. Look, the bottom line is that if you give millions of dollars to human rights causes and want to give a few bucks to the Fidos and Puss n Boots of the world, fine. But if you are the average person and you have never given a dime to ensure the continuation of the human race and now you want to "save the animals" *Blank Stare*

No comments:

Post a Comment